Thursday, February 19, 2015

Wedding

I've been wanting to post about our wedding for a while now - for those you who didn't get to come but asked me to share about it afterwards. I was bummed that we didn't get all the pictures we wanted to get, but in the end - I'm just happy we have something to show for the best night of our lives. My brother Craig and his wife (our sister-in-law!) Kara worked so hard during our entire engagement to make our wedding stunning and fun(ning). I truly couldn't have been happier with the way it looked - I wish there were some more detailed shots for you guys to see! Not only did they work so hard to keep everything organized and looking amazing, but also doubled as our therapists! Being engaged is wonderful and sometimes challenging - especially when experimenting with hormonal birth control options and commuting in and out of the city for work for an entire season (TMI!)! My family was an absolute necessity - my dad generously paid for everything and flew my mom here early to have sleepovers for my last nights as a single woman. All of my brothers and their families came and it was so much fun to have NYC overrun with Abare babies - they are the cutest! Ok... picture time.


Luke, Sarah, Paul, Grandma, me, Angel, Craig, Kara, Dad, Mom, Jamaica, (holding Miro), Brad, Mark (holding Landy), Jamie (holding Lily), and Ava G!
One of the gorgeous tables Craig designed from top to bottom, side to side!


Getting my veil just right - the one my mom wore on her wedding day in 1975.

My best friend Lydia and my mom helping with dress issues - my mom is looking INCREDIBLE

My handsome husband (who was not yet my husband) before he walked the aisle with his groomsmen - Rigo and Bobby

My dad giving me away. That is the infamous black cry towel draped over his shoulder.  This moment was filled with so many tears I literally could not even see where I was walking!

Big brother beside me, my two best friends beside me, the love of my life in front of me and New York City behind all of us. Perfection!

Running back up the aisle as husband and wife while Angel pretends to have fans!

I know I look crazy, but Angel looks so handsome here I can hardly stand it! That feeling is so surreal. 

My parents take fashion tips from Jay-Z with their "all black everythang". Or they are just honorary New Yorkers!

Christine, Moises, me, Angel, Yeshua, Lucrecia

Our pretty pizza party. Busiest night of our lives and can't keep Angel away from the food...

Wasn't this place amazing? A loft on the water in Brooklyn overlooking Manhattan.

Angel is positive he said something really stupid here and Craig is laughing AT him, definitely not with him.

My dad and I were not super into having all the attention on us for  "the dance", so we snuck it in during the reception...

I think my dad is giving Angel "the talk" that he gives to all my brothers on their wedding days. NONE of us girls know what it is! 

This is my best friend, Lydia - we're hugging goodbye before Angel & I leave. BFF since high school!

AND THIS. This... Is Ang. A lifelong friend I've known since - well, I never didn't know her. She came a week early to help with wedding work. What a friend! I think she's the only person Craig truly trusts (besides his wife) to get things done.


And that is our wedding. Obviously there are more pictures, but these are the ones I chose to share. Being married is - really incredible. It's hard. I feel like a lot of people choose not to share that it's hard. Especially when you're first married - it's like bad juju to say it's hard. But let's get real - learning to be selfless is hard. Putting someone before you on a consistent basis is tough. Considering someone else's thoughts and feelings for every decision you make is - sometimes exhausting! But to know someone is that committed to you is pretty wonderful. 

No comments: